Thursday, March 14

Lock stock and three spools of thread...


Ladies and gentlemen, I just bought an overlocker! Or a serger, whatever you prefer...
I had used one in sewing class and liked it so much I just couldn't resist buying one. I looked around and thought they were quite expensive, especially the brands that I prefered. So I decided to look for a used one... and in just a few days, I found one!

It is an old and very rare model (Singer Ultralock 14U72A) but it looks like it has hardly been used and it has all its manuals and extra parts. The best news? It was fully threaded and the tension was already adjusted to perfect levels, so it was ready to use... A dream come true for a locking noob like me! I can't wait for my next sewing project...


4 comments:

Juul Victoria said...

These machines are a dream come true for all fabric-crafters!! Doesn't matter that I know how they work, it's still like magic to me :)

Elba Valverde said...

That's the dream! I still need to learn how to use all the options on my simple sewing machine but an overlocker sounds like something I would love to have someday. So many pretty things you can create with one of those.

I just found out your blog and I really love what you guys share so I want to reward all your lovely ideas with an award. It's a fun way to know and connect with other bloggers. You can check it out here: http://livecolorful.com/2013/04/liebster-award-for-live-colorful/

Unknown said...

I do have one but cant find parts anymore, the handle presser foot is loose

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have the same one, got it from my mother in law but unfortunately without a manual. Do you think you could maybe send me a copy of yours somehow? regards stefanie