Saturday, March 10

2012 spring trend: bracelets

It must have been around 20 years ago that I fell in love with friendship bracelets. I saw them in a post order catalogue, all the kid models were wearing them. I figured out how to make the more complicated ones (without Google!) and made lots of them for myself and some friends. Later on I even sold them in school to collect money for a charity.



I've always seen these bracelets as something that is typical for a young teen, or "bad taste" hippie festival merchandise. Since a month or two however, I see these more up-to-date, adult looking sets of bracelets popping up everywhere. I love them and I'm pretty sure bracelets will be a hot item for spring/summer 2012. I made a few in lots of different styles, using a lot of mixed techniques. They are available in the Cherrily Merrily Etsy shop as sets of 5.









2 comments:

TeenyWeenyDesign said...

Hi Brenda,

Love your Blog! I recently started one also.

Adrianne

Brenda said...

Aww thank you! I'm going to have a look at your blog and follow it. I'm new to blogging, so I can still learn a thing or two on how things work... so if you have any tips let me know ;)