Sunday, April 29

My 20ct vintage treasure


Last weekend I took one of my parents' foster kids to a thrift market near my small home town. I was browsing a stall with toys with her, looked in a plastic bag... and found a dirty little seventies hippie doll with a broken waist. She was a dark skinned Hasbro World of Love doll and I paid 20 cents for her.

10 year old girls in 2012 don't like strange dolls like her, so I kept her. I gave her some TLC and repaired her mid section. Cleaning those grubby legs reminded me of cleaning Kenner Blythes, too bad I hadn't found one of those for 20ct :) I put her in a handmade dress that suits her hippie image. She's cute... she might even be the cutest vintage doll I ever thrifted.

3 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

Nice find! I will keep my eyes open for dolls tomorrow too!

Brenda said...

I think a looot of Dutchies are going to find some awesome treasures tomorrow!

Brenda said...

Oh I just managed to find more info on this doll, it is actually a Disco Girls Domino.