Monday, February 4

Radio Ga Ga



Last week I thrifted this little eighties radio, still good as new in its box. I just had to have it, and not just because of its cute colour...

When I was a wee little girl, the thing I loved most in the world was watching Jem and the Holograms. I used to tape the weekly shows on VHS, then record the songs on cassette by putting my little pink radio directly in front of the TV set. I would sing along with that tape for hours. I can still sing along with some of those songs. They are in English but somehow at seven or eight years old, I understood almost every word my pink haired heroin sang.

That pink radio was exactly the same as this minty green one. It is directly from the fifties retro trend that was big in the mid eighties. Yep, there was a retro trend in a time that has been considered retro for some years now. Just have a look at Madonna's True Blue video from 1986 and you'll see what I mean ;)





No comments: